Thursday, May 23, 2013

Maddy's Turn

Maddy here!
 

 
Murphy has written EIGHT posts and this is my FIRST one. I hate being the youngest.
Murphy isn't feeling too well this week, so Mama said I could take over today.
 
The other day, Mama had to take Murphy to the vet because he's been breathing really hard.  The good news is that the pink bump on his ear is going away.  The not so good news- it turns out that he is acting differently because he is on steroids!!!  No wonder he's so bossy lately- he has 'roid rage!  Check it out:
I mean, I like to get Murphy going, but listen to him-- he keeps yelling at Mom to feed him!  I couldn't take it anymore, so I just stood there, and his tail kept smacking me in the face.  Jerk.
 
Finally for the first time since she's been back, Mom took us for a walk!  It was hard for Murphy though- look at this time:
 
I mean, WOW.  Come ON, Murphy.  He just wanted to pee on things, even when there wasn't any pee left!  He was being a pain in the neck, literally.  Mama didn't want to yank on our leashes too much, especially when it was so hot outside and Murphy was already having breathing issues.  So we turned around and went back.  Thanks, Murphy.
 
But then, Mama took off Murphy's leash and just took ME out for a girls' walk!  YIPPEE!
People make fun of Bassets, but look at how fast I am moving!
Okay, so I stopped, too, but that's what Bassets DO.  We have to SMELL stuff.
 
Along our walk, I saw someone that looked like Calvin! 
Here is Calvin:
 
Here is Not-Calvin:
 
Normally when I see a cat, I like to chase him!  Cats like to be chased. And kissed on their face.  So that is why I chase cats and try to kiss them.  Because I am pretty sure they like it.
 
 This cat DID NOT MOVE.  Not one inch.
 
I didn't know what to do!
 
Mama laughed at me for hiding behind the tree.  That wasn't very nice.  That cat was SCARY.  I ran to the other side of the street.  After that, we had a nice rest of the walk.
 
When we got home, Murphy was passed out:
That 0.16 miles can really wear you out.  Try tacking on another 1.1 miles, buddy!
 
Mama said something about a four-day weekend and I thought I heard her say that Auntie Erin was coming to visit tomorrow!  She gives the best belly rubs with her feet!  I can't wait!
 
Thanks for reading my first post- I hope I did ok.  I'm gonna go see what's in the fridge.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Great job Maddie!! :-) Abby and Taylor can't wait to give you belly rubs someday!

    ReplyDelete