Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bath Time for Bassets!

Today was a pretty uneventful day as far as the last few weeks are concerned.  Dr. Kane's nice people called to tell Mama prices on Kinavet, Palladia, and vinblastine, but she doesn't know which chemo to choose.  I don't speak human, so I can't tell her how the Palladia made my tummy feel, and she is having a hard time deciding.  She just took a break to e-mail Dr. Kraiza.

Last night, I was exhausted!  I think I took a four-hour nap when I got home from Dr. Kane's.  The prednisone I'm on makes me really thirsty, too. Today I feel better and decided to sit in my favorite chair.
I love cushions.  Mom said I looked even sillier in person because my hiney was almost falling off.
 
Maddy likes cushions sometimes, too, like when she made a fort last night:
She was trying to get up on the ottoman and couldn't figure out what to do.  Ha ha.
 
Mama said that we stunk, so she grabbed us and threw us in the bathtub!  She forgot her camera, but here is a picture from our old house:
Look!  I still have all of my ear!
 
Baths aren't SO bad, but Maddy goes CRAZY when she's clean:
 

That was only a fraction of the insanity! 
 
Maddy likes to run outside and get dirty again, and she made a run for the backyard, not realizing that Mama had taken the doggy door out!  OH MY GOSH IT WAS SO FUNNY!  She almost ran right into the glass door!!!  I would give my left ear to see that again. (Is it too soon for ear jokes?)
 
THIS JUST IN: Mama just got an e-mail back from Dr. Kraiza.  She is recommending that we go with the Kinavet because it works well with prednisone and has a lower risk for stomach upset.  Dr. Kraiza is going to have a baby ANY day, and it was so nice of her to reply so quickly.  Have we mentioned that we LOVE Dr. Kraiza?  We hope that her puppy, er, baby, arrives safely and quickly!
 
Maddy is still ticked about the glass door and about being clean:
 
 
Even baths are a bit tiring these days, so I'll sign off for now.
Good night!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Awe Murphy, we love you. Xo from zeus, zoey, dora, diego, grady, funky feet jaxson, ollie, roxy, mufasa the cat, mommy and daddy.
    And we love you to Maddy. We all shake or heads when you get into trouble, however zeus may be your brother from a different mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made my day. :-) I don't know why your mama didn't start blogging about you guys years ago!! Hope you both now smell clean! Tell her that you'd like her to try some of her fancy pants Layers body wash on you.... that stuff smells amazing! :-) goodnight fur-kids! xo!! Abby, Taylor, Jen and Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather and Jen! We would LOVE if Scentsy made doggie body wash- Mama used shampoo that smells a lot like the French Lavender stuff she sells. I'd rather smell like the tropical stuff. Thanks for reading!

      Delete