Thursday, May 2, 2013

So, Maybe Not ALL Ears...

This morning, Mom and I went to see Dr. Johnson.  I got to ride in the new car!

Mom let me stand there for a few seconds, so I decided that this was a good time to get rid of some of the rumblies in my tumbly.  Now the Sonic has a different new car smell!

I love going to the vet!  I always run across the parking lot because I love seeing people!  They might have treats!

This cat was sitting at the front desk along with another kitty.  Her name is Allie and she did the coolest thing-- she sat on her back legs and "waved" like my friend Jacob the Bichon does. 

Danielle the vet tech took me back where they poked me with a metal stick for something called CBC.  (Complete Blood Count)  Then, Danielle and Dr. Johnson and I went back to talk to Mama and WHOA, they stuck me with another little metal stick- IN THE EAR!
They said they were taking cells and then they put them on a little piece of glass. I guess my ear started bleeding- I got blood on Mama's pants when I went to sit with her.  Then, saying they needed a cleaner sample, THEY POKED MY EAR AGAIN!  This time, I let them know I was NOT happy about tiny metal sticks.  YELP!  Mama said I was very brave.

Dr. Johnson was so nice, she called me Murf-Murf and even gave me a hug and some kisses.  Then she started calling me Muffin-Head- is that a good thing or a bad thing?  She came back and said the little glass pieces with the cells on them looked suspicious and that it was a good thing they poked my ear bump.  But she said they might have to take off a big part of my ear because of the bump.  It's just above the place where my cool ear notch is, but I guess our first vet didn't make my notch big enough and a new bump showed up.  Mama got quiet and looked very serious.  She even thought about not going to Costa Rica so she could stay home with me, but Dr. Johnson said that wasn't necessary. 

Before we left, I made a new friend- this is Ella, Dr. Johnson's Corgi.  I thought she was interesting because she was short like me but she has big pointy ears that stick up- is that what they're going to do to MY ears?

When we got home, Maddy was so mad that she didn't even run to the door to greet us.  She is just jealous that I got to go to the vet and get treats and she didn't.  I am just happy to be back home, sitting next to my mom while she types this blog.  Ear, schmear.

No comments:

Post a Comment