Monday, June 10, 2013

Maddy's trip to the vet

Hi friends! It's Maddy. I had to go to the vet on Friday,  Because there was a different vet and he didn't feel comfortable about seeing Murphy with his long history, Mom substituted me instead.
Here I am in the car with Mama, not excited about going at all. I feel like I was tricked. 

First I had to check out the food because I am a dog and dogs like food.

They don't have a scale for me to walk on, so I guess this will do.

I got tricked again when Mom pretended to walk back with me and instead I had to go with the vet tech, Danielle, where they CLIPPED MY NAILS!!!! Noooooooo!
This is me having a panic attack. You can't tell, but my eyes are very red and I am panting. I hate having my nails cut. 

The vet's name was Dr. Zingalie and he was very, very nice. He had read everything in my file and Murphy's too! He had a lot of good questions for Mama and they talked about how I got UTIs because of my, uh, "anatomy". He suggested that I get a urinalysis, so I got to go outside with Danielle again. This time I was not tricked. I knew what to do with grass. It's just weird that they stick a little tray under me while I'm trying to go!
Here is Dr. Zingalie and Danielle keeping me from doing a Superdog jump off the table. 

I was still upset about having my nails trimmed. Next time I will try to be nicer. 

In the car after the vet. I won't look at Mom. 

Mom felt bad so she took me to Petsmart!!! YAY!!!
We got Calvin some food and I got some treats at the store. I saw another dog and I ROOed but she didn't speak Basset. 

Ok, now I am happier, although we found out on Saturday that I do have a UTI. Oh, boy. Good times. At least my prescription is free at Publix. More Pill Pockets for me!

All in all, it was a good day- Mama and I took a good nap that afternoon. Calvin went to the vet today and Murphy goes Wednesday. At least I'm off the hook for a while!




No comments:

Post a Comment